Get a free green card evaluation

starting at
$ 595 +U.S. government filing fee
See details

Complicated immigration laws should not keep families apart or jeopardize your legal right to be in the United States. With the right strategy, you can avoid the delays, costs and frustration, and get on the path to attaining legal status. Get a free evaluation from an immigration professional to evaluate your situation. If you decide to proceed, an attorney will handle your filing

Why choose LegalZoom?

  • You get a free evaluation of your specific situation by an immigration professional
  • Our participating law firm has guided thousands of people through the immigration process
  • If you choose to use their services, an experienced attorney will handle your filing for a low flat fee

Common questions

Do I have to hire an attorney to file my case?

You don't have to hire an attorney, but the U.S. State Department routinely challenges and denies immigration applications because of applicant mistakes due to lack of understanding of what's being asked or which documents are required. If you make even a minor mistake, getting your documents corrected can be expensive and time-consuming.

An immigration attorney who knows how to work with government authorities can help you navigate the many forms and requirements, streamline the process and create an application that has the greatest chance of success.

How much will it cost to get a green card for my family member?

Attorney fees start at $695 for a green card application plus there is a low administrative fee charged by the law firm. Government filing fees are $1070 for adults and $635 for children under 14. Other costs are based on individual eligibility, risks, timing and strategy. For example, if your family member lives outside of the United States, an application would need to be filed to bring him or her to the U.S. first before a green card application can be filed.

Our participating law firm can simplify what can otherwise be a confusing and stressful process. If you set up a free evaluation with our participating law firm, you can get a low, flat-fee price that is based on your specific situation.

How can I get legal status in the United States?

There are two primary ways to immigrate to the United States. The first is through a U.S. citizen or permanent resident who is an immediate family member (parent, sibling, spouse or adult child). The second is through qualifying employment with an employer in the U.S. Though less common, you may also be in a unique position to sponsor yourself. Each green card application is unique and depends on the specific facts of your situation. Find out what options are available to you with a free evaluation by our participating law firm.

What people are saying about LegalZoom

And a big thank you to @LegalZoom for hosting this great platform - a true friend to small business! #legalzoomstartup
Get top quality legal documents without paying top dollar.
Great service. I could not be more pleased with the service I received.
Gary O., Williamsburg, VA
9 out of 10 customers would recommend us to friends and family.

Number of customers who would recommend LegalZoom is based on surveys conducted in 2012.