Get a free work visa evaluation

starting at
$ 995 +U.S. government filing fee
See details

If you plan to come to the U.S. temporarily to work, chances are, you need a work visa. But the different visa classifications and complex filing process can be confusing. Get a free evaluation from an immigration professional. If you decide to proceed, an attorney will handle your filing.

Why choose LegalZoom?

  • You get a free evaluation of your specific situation by an immigration professional
  • Our participating law firm has guided thousands of people through the work visa process
  • If you choose to use their services, an immigration attorney will handle your filing for a low flat fee

Common questions

Do I have to hire an attorney to file my case?

You don't have to hire an attorney, but the U.S. State Department routinely challenges and denies immigration applications because of applicant mistakes due to lack of understanding of what's being asked or which documents are required. If you make even a minor mistake, getting your documents corrected can be expensive and time-consuming.

An immigration attorney who knows how to work with government authorities can help you navigate the many forms and requirements, streamline the process and create an application that has the greatest chance of success.

Does the employer have to pay for the work visa?

Most employment-based visas require employer sponsorship rather than self-sponsorship. In most cases, this means that the employer is responsible for paying the required government filing fees. An immigration attorney can best explain who is responsible for paying the various costs associated with the application process.

Our participating law firm can help you simplify what otherwise can be a confusing process. If you set up a free evaluation with our participating law firm, you can get a low, flat-fee price that is based on your specific situation.

How can I get legal status in the United States?

There are two primary ways to immigrate to the United States. The first is through a U.S. citizen or permanent resident who is an immediate family member (parent, sibling, spouse or adult child). The second is through qualifying employment with an employer in the U.S. Though less common, you may also be in a unique position to sponsor yourself. Each work visa application is unique and depends on the specific facts of your situation. Find out what options are available to you with a free evaluation by our participating law firm.

What people are saying about LegalZoom

And a big thank you to @LegalZoom for hosting this great platform - a true friend to small business! #legalzoomstartup
Get top quality legal documents without paying top dollar.
Great service. I could not be more pleased with the service I received.
Gary O., Williamsburg, VA
9 out of 10 customers would recommend us to friends and family.

Number of customers who would recommend LegalZoom is based on surveys conducted in 2012.